Thursday, October 15, 2009

Written 15 October 2009 at 9:41 p.m. Montpellier Time

It was a regular day of school and lifting. I am happy Thursday is coming to a close, I look forward to this weekend. I have several activities planned. My roommates and I are going to the Indian festival Saturday afternoon, a nature preserve Sunday, and, of course, football on Sunday night. If the advertisement for the fair is any indication of its content, we are in for a real treat. The advertisement is of a Maharaja riding an elephant, an immediate attention grabber. I love indian food. One would think at an indian-themed fair one could find indian food. However, this is France, certainty is uncertain. I hope the weekend lives up to the anticipation. The weather has turned cool in Montpellier. I don't know the temperature, but it's long-sleeve, hands-in-your-pockets weather in the mornings and evenings, warming up slightly through the afternoon, often leaving you regretting your decision to wear the long sleeves. I am greeting the cooler weather with open arms. The crisp, cool air seems to accentuate the smells of the city. The boulangeries baking bread, homes heating their night with wood fires, the freshly cut lawns along my route to school, all pungently provide a sensuous and unique aroma one captures with the brisk wave of the breeze. It is lovely. Although it arrived later, it is not much different than autumn in Louisville, which, in my opinion, is the best time of the year. it should make my swim in the Mediterranean a little more painful. Nonetheless, let's see what I can handle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment